If surviving the multiplayer onslaught of Ubisoft’s Far Cry 2 wasn’t difficult enough, then those looking for a more challenging experience are soon to be satisfied. Its developer unveiled “Hardcore”, a new mode set ramp up the realism in the title’s multiplayer component.
The new setting will be delivered to the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC in the form of a patch. And if you’re looking to get involved in the “hardcore” action, here’s what you’ll need to know according to a post on the game’s official forums:
- “A new damage model will be applied with increased damage for all weapons.
- All weapons have been rebalanced on normal mode, and on hardcore mode.
- Enemy names will disappear after the spawning invincibility period is over (A shield is displayed above a player’s head for a few second to show that he is invincible).
- A new option will allow you to tweak spawning time (but not spawning rate).
- A new search option will be available in multiplayer to allow you to find games that are playing on hardcore mode.”
No date has been set for the mode’s release.