News: With an Eastern Front setting and improvements across the board, Relic Entertainment reveal the first details on Company of Heroes 2.
The dastardly spies over at PC Gamer have pulled a fast one on old jerry and scooped up some juicy details on Relic Entertainment’s latest war effort, Company of Heroes 2.
Set on the infamous Eastern Front as the German forces plogue through Poland and Russia the initial details already sound promising. Here are the facts Herr Kommandant:
- Intel suggests that you control the Soviet forces in their fight for the motherland against the invading facists.
- The Eastern Front is cold Herr Kommandant, snow will play a major part in the battles ahead, with snowfall settling and melting as battles advance. Our Soldiers complain about tanks and vehicles getting stuck with the snow and infantry having trouble fighting if it’s too deep.
- They tell me that this new war brings about the use of a new Essence 3 engine, apparently improving graphics and physics from the previous war.
- Our soldiers have gotten smarter Herr Kommandant! They are now able to cower behind cover more effectively and have even learnt to jump over it if need be. Wunderbar!
- Unfortunately this fog of war has become harder to see through. Our troops now have a system Relic call “True sight” meaning we can now only see what our troops see and not behind buildings and mountains this time around…
- According to our sources they estimate we will be fighting battles 10x as large and bloody as Normandy. Oh nein…
- Fortunately our troops have discovered how to blow things up more effectively. We can now destroy farm houses and countryside even more than last time!
- Relic are reluctant to reveal any details about fighting alongside and against other generals over this new fangled ‘World Wide Web’ everyone is talking about. I doubt it’ll catch on…
- Relic announce that these plans shall be enacted sometime in 2013.
These tretcherous PC Gamer dogs say that they have all the information ready to release at a moment’s notice but our hand picked agents over at BeefJack HQ assure me that we’re ready to spy on their spys and any other spys who might have some information on this recent turn of events.
Rest assured we shall keep you in the loop when more breakthroughs on Company of Heroes 2 are made!